[Rhodes22-list] so how where the 26rc?

Glen & Dorene Barrera dbarrera at comcast.net
Fri Jun 4 21:56:31 EDT 2004

Michael and the Bulldoggers...

Finally getting a chance to write. Take a couple days off from work and pay
the price when you get back...

We had a good trip coming back. The boat trailered very well. Didn't use our
new $400 weight distribution system as the trailer wouldn't accomodate.

There is a problem with the electric keel raising/lowering system. After we
got home I read over all the info provided and noticed that we had violated
the 2nd rule of traveling, "Never raise the keel higher than the minumin
height required to get the pin into the final hole". Apparently, according
to Elton, I had stepped on the system sheets while we were hoisting the mast
and raised it by a couple inches (didn't know what they were at that time so
didn't think it was a problem and didn't here the motor go on). By doing
this, "excessive strain to the lifting system can occur." I realized this
after trying to lower the keel a touch while in our driveway. Elton, after
talking with Nick, has offered some potential remedies and I will take apart
the motor housing this weekend and see if it works. We'll let you know.

Elton is going to put together a punch list for the boat for commissioning.
We will contribute our own list as well.

We put the boat in the water last night. Glad nobody was at our dock to see
the way I put the boat in (1st try with wheel steering on a tight turn into
our slip, wind against us. Didn't hit anything through (just sloppy) so it
was a success if  there was nobody to see us :).

The boat looks good at our dock! :).

Glen