[Rhodes22-list] Boat Stuff

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Tue Jun 22 10:36:41 EDT 2004

Michael,

I'd advise against drawing right from the bottom of the tank. Water,
bacteria, other crap all live in diesel tanks and end up on the bottom. I'd
still install a line that goes to the bottom, but reserve it for periodic
cleaning, not fuel delivery.

If you've got the space, install a second fuel filter you can switch to when
one gets clogged. You'll notice a gradual loss of power / RPMs as the filter
clogs, giving you enough time to switch to the other, clean filter. Then you
can change out the dirty one at your choice of time/ location rather than in
the middle of a seaway.

Use biocide in your tank.

Mark Kaynor