[Rhodes22-list] Boat Stuff

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Tue Jun 22 11:58:42 EDT 2004

Michael,

Just thought of something else - if you don't have room for a second filter,
you can add an automotive-type inline diesel-compatible fuel pump between
the tank and the filter - we have this setup on our Tayana. Then, as the
filter begins to clog and you start to lose power, you turn on the auxiliary
pump. It's additional pressure is enough to push the fuel through the
filter, helping the primary fuel pump, and allowing enough time to select a
good place to change the filter. The aux. pump can also be used to bleed the
system after you change the filter or when you need to get air out of the
system.

Mark