[Rhodes22-list] Le Menagerie:SPI Texas-After shakedown

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:43:33 EDT 2004

Jim, I have a vang and recommend one to anyone who wants to have good sail
shape.  The arrangement is simple.  First there is a pad eye on the
underside of the boom.  The mast fitting slides down the groove in the mast
with a stopper slid in on top of it.  Both of these fittings are on top of
the poptop slider.  Therefore the poptop must be down to use the vang.  You
attach a 4:1 purchase to the pad eye on the boom and the sliding shackle on
the mast and tighten down the stopper to keep it from sliding up toward the
gooseneck.  I have never seen the "shackle" which slides into the mast
groove before this boat so my discription might not sound clear.  I will
provide pictures if you need.  Bob Weber