[Rhodes22-list] Boom vang

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Jun 23 00:17:52 EDT 2004

you are forgetting about the sail, I came out with a few ideas over the years to solve this, but in the end they were to
complicated, I also give you a simple observation, if the pop-top is up you do not need a vang. I would subject: bail on the mast
base with a though quickpin(pushbutton), bail on the boom, 3:1 vang with snap shackles, a piece of stainless on the pop-top where
the vang/bail will stick to keep screeches down. when you want the poptop up, take the vang off, pull the quickpin and flip the bail
to the other side. KISS.

MJM