[Rhodes22-list] Boom vang

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:50:04 EDT 2004

   Jim,

       If you can come up with an upside down solid or sprung boom vang
   that works in all conditions and on all points of sail, then I would
   love to see it.  Everything is a trade-off right?

      What is wrong with a traditional vang setup and not sailing with
   the pop top up?   I have seen one R22 with a vang.  There was a
   traditional bail on the boom, and a bail which was attached to an
   longer mast bolt.  The owner left the quick pin out of the pop top
   slider until he was ready to release the vang and pop the top up.  See
   the attached pic for the mast end.     I believe Roger has a boom vang
   on his 1976 with a standard mast.

   Todd