[Rhodes22-list] Blue Loon is heading to Wisconsin

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Tue Jun 29 00:59:17 EDT 2004

After returning from a chilly four-day sail on Leech Lake in northern MN on
Sunday, we head out tomorrow for Door County in Wisconsin - just enough time
to turn the laundry around and re-stock the groceries and bar. Our target
launch is Egg Harbor and then we'll work our way north as far as time
permits. If we get some decent pictures, I'll send them along in a later
message along with a report on the trip for those who have contemplated
sailing the Green Bay side of the peninsula.

Julie

P.S. If anyone ever doubts the positioning of the Rhodes on the trailer - on
the way to Leech we had the rear axle lined up with the middle of the last
port light. The minute we went over 50mph, we swayed like crazy - too much
white-knuckle driving for me! On the return we got the boat about 4 inches
further forward (window in front of the axle) and we were able to drive at
70mph without even knowing the boat was back there. By the way, we have a
single axle Triad trailer built in 2003 and we pull it with a Navigator.