[Rhodes22-list] Clean Sails

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 20:20:24 EST 2004

Jim,

Last year I lost a good friend to Pancreatic cancer, George Smart of
Raleigh, NC.   He was, among other accomplishments, a very fine architect,
an excellent dinghy racer, and also great with sail repair and sewing.
George taught himself  how to sew, so he could make things for his
sailboats.  He helped many others in our fleet by sewing all their worn out
stuff.

George's machine was an Italian made Bernina.  He claimed it would sew
anything you would need on a sailboat, from spinnaker cloth to canvas.  If
you can afford one, I'm sure your girlfriend will thank you for it :)

PT