[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Painting on or near trailer

Bryan Childs bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Fri Mar 5 16:07:27 EST 2004

Here is what I do, but it is not that easy.   I jack up the trailer and
apply a "V" type wooden support for both the bow and stern.  I have these
support on cinder blocks. It is stable.  Then I lower the trailer, removing
the wheels so I can get clearance between the trailers wooden side support
planks. I wet sand and put on a coat of V17.  After putting it back on the
trailer I paint the parts that were covered by my make shift support.  Do
this every other year.

PS: my boat is in fresh water only for 6 months.