[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Painting on or near trailer

jbconnolly at comcast.net jbconnolly at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 20:38:54 EST 2004

As the first spring with my boat approaches, I was wondering about bottom painting the boat.  With my old Mariner, I could use a car jack and some timbers to lift the boat off the bunks and brace it long enough to paint one side of the bottom at a time.  Then let dry, lower, and switch sides.

This approach seems less easy with the larger and heavier boat.  Does anyone have a "do it yourself at home" solution to this?  Is there a safer place (on the boat) to use as a jacking location?

What about the centerboard?

Thanks

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer