[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint On Trailer

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 15:23:32 EST 2004

Jim,
Here's Roger's method.  When I did my bottom, I jacked up the trailer
with the trailer jacks.  If you don't have the rear jacks, you might
consider adding them.  I jacked up the trailer, then put blocks under
the boat.  Then I put a block under the jacks and jacked up the "second
stage" and added more blocks under the boat.  Then jack the trailer
down and you'll have enough room to access the bottom.  Additional
clearance can be gained by removing the trailer tires and resting the
axle on the ground.  It's not going to be high enough to lower the
centerboard however.  For that little task, you'd have to pull the CB
from inside the cabin.  Here are some pix:
Hope this helps,
Slim