[Rhodes22-list] Purchasing new genny????

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 11:11:58 EST 2004

Wally
Just wondering how you are sheeting your headsail in
heavy wind.  In 20+ wind, heading upwind, I sheet
headsail very tight.  Adjust your genona track so you
spill a little at the top.  Even in a gust, I never
dump the headsail; only the main.  You can dump the
main to where it is backwinding from the headsail but
maintain the same speed due to the increase in wind
speed. Also, if you happen to round up, as long as the
headsail is still set with main completely dumped,
when the boat comes back; the headsail will start to
bite & quickly gain your momentom back.
Steve