[Rhodes22-list] back to Gennys ....Bullshit.

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Mar 13 21:59:48 EST 2004

Wally,

I have no stake in which sail you select for your boat, I only want to state for the record that I have and adore the 175 genny.  It is an extremely unique sail specifically designed for the Rhodes-22 for use on Long Island Sound by the man who has been refining the boat for the past 30 something years.  I sail a Rhodes-22 on Long Island Sound, and, for me, the sail is a knockout.  I wouldn't have any other.

I don't knock other sails, and can see the benefits of one sail or another in given circumstances.  I know you can, too, and that is what you are grappling with.

My philosophy of sailing is exactly the same as Rummy's, posted a few months ago, which I will now cut and paste.  All my postings should be read in light of Rummy's philosophy:

  "I like to keep things simple because a lot of complicated things takes brain power and thought and that just takes away from my drinking time while sailing. That's another reason you don't find a lot of fandangled hardware on my boat like spinnakers and poles and the like.  They take too much time to handle and it takes away from the real reason I sail.....I like to drink and listen to loud music. I have the funnest boat on the lake.....ask anybody.......they all know RumRunner. Yes, you might blow my doors off, but who cares?"

Bill Effros