[Rhodes22-list] A sailing question to break the silence

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 09:24:27 EST 2004

 I use the Micron CSC ablative - the fact that it rubs off easily is
a bit of a pain - but I would rather touch up the areas around the
bunks more often than fight with many years accumulation of the
harder paints.  You also know exactly how much active paint is
left by leaving the bottom layer a different color.

By the way I got the lines and fasteners for the UPS yesterday.
I plan to mount the padeye at the location shown in Tom's pictures
(it looks like about 3 inches behind the lip area of the bow) and the
halyard restrainer about 6 inches below the masthead (above the
deck light). Any comments or suggestions on installation are welcome.
My boat is still under it's cover but I hope to get out this weekend
and begin these, and other, commissioning chores.  I won't know my
assignment in Monroe Harbor until mid-April and the harbor opens
May 15, so I have some time to mess around.

Ron Lipton
s/v Empress of Blandings