[Rhodes22-list] A sailing question to break the silence

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Mar 24 12:24:31 EST 2004

Bob,
	I sail on the other end of the lake from Rummy and had my bottom
redone last fall.  I used the same paint combination as Rummy.  It seems
that while we used different painters, somehow they are both related to
the local Interlux sales rep.  Maybe he just calls them cousins.
However, the word on this lake is that this combination works best for
the red slime.
	While we both used professional boat painters, I think that if
you are inclined, you could do the job yourself.  Getting the bottom
prepped is the nasty job.  They used some kind of boat sandblasting on
mine.  It needed it.  They then filled any holes and gouges followed by
fine sanding.  Then they coated the whole thing with an epoxy base, two
coats of base and then coats of antifouling paint.
	              Ed K