[Rhodes22-list] Insurance

Vic Huebner atlantic at engineer.com
Fri Mar 26 08:09:20 EST 2004

Hi,
I talked with them and got the same answer as others got - you must verify
the value if you want higher coverage. Since I don't have the boat yet, they
wanted a letter and photos from Stan. Since I didn't want to bother Stan I
went to State Farm. They handle it just like a home owners policy - insure
for whatever you want but prove it after loss. Their cost was reasonable and
didn't need a photo or serial numbers for the trailer and motor (which I
don't have yet). The bottom line is that homeowners is easy to get on a new
boat. Maybe you can get a cheaper rate from USboats after you have all the
paperwork the second year.
Vic Huebner