[Rhodes22-list] advice on ground for battery

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 22:01:59 EST 2004

Lou,
Rum Runner has a VHF with the antenna mounted on the very top of the mast. I
do not have a ground plate anywhere on my boat. I easily punch out 12 miles
with the radio.
There has been a lot of discussion previously on the merits of grounding a 22
foot sailboat with a deck stepped mast. The conclusion was that there are a
lot of theory's, but decided to leave it up to the individual boat owner.
I'm of the school that does not have anything grounded. I sail on fresh water
and don't sail in lightning storms as a rule. They scare the crap out of me.

Rummy