[Rhodes22-list] Boat ID In The Picture

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Fri Nov 5 12:06:00 EST 2004

Roger,
Unfortunately I don't have an alternative. I've been researching
larger boats and that's why I knew it was not the 350/380. Both have
a sugar scoop transom. They also have a 3/4 keel that is part of the
hull - not bolted on. As for painting an IP, yes I'm sure that people
do but the gelcoat on an IP is known for how long it lasts and how
good it looks even after 15 years so very few would paint them. I
believe their famous beige color is part of the gelcoat.  I was
estimating the size of the boat anywhere from 30-34 feet tops. I'm
going to pass the picture on to some of my sailing buddies that know
the larger boats and see what they say. I'll let you know I find out.
Julie