[Rhodes22-list] Researching the Rhodes 22 Archives

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 8 17:21:48 EST 2004

Robert and Sandra,

As a relative newbie to the Rhodes list, having just bought my boat Aug. 28
I was interested in the replies you might receive from the list to your
question below, not about the head of choice but the archives...

so far I haven't seen an answer to that question.  SORRY IF I MISSED IT-

I believe the rhodes22.org site, the General Boats site are the main
archives.  I used to think there was a geocitiesblewskies site but whenever
I try to access that I get linked to the www.rhodes22.org site

For fun I googled Rhodes 22 sailboat today and did find:

http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/reviews.html#Pihlaja

with a review of the Rhodes 22 boat. and of course there are quite a few
sites that will try to hook people up to boats for sale sites.

>From personal experience of buying my used  Rhodes 22 direct from an owner,
not through Stan, I would surely say if you can afford it your first choice
would be to buy from General Boats.  The list has proven to be very helpful,
and Stan has helped me out with getting a manual for example (which
considering I did put down a 100. deposit to buy from General Boats, and I
did not ask for refund, I thought to be reasonable...but I think the owners
who have bought from General Boats directly have gotten  more support.

If anyone on the list has other archive sites to offer up please do so.

I think it would be helpful to new to the Rhodes 22 list folks could receive
a list of any sites for reference when they first receive the Welcome to the
Rhodes list message.

Good luck.

Phyllis
Whisper