[Rhodes22-list] Light Show Tomorrow?

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 19:47:43 EST 2004

We need to see this - just to get back at the rotters blissfully sailing
while
we freeze.

Ron

Aurora borealis visible from Chicago

Published November 8, 2004, 2:49 PM CST

Update: There's been a new X-class coronal mass ejection on the sun,
according to our astronomer Dan Joyce. It occurred late Sunday and was more
intense than the M-class flare on Saturday ultimately responsible for Sunday
night's auroras. Dan tells me this might signal a new round of auroral
displays Tuesday night-and doesn't rule out some northern lights tonight
either-athough he thinks Tuesday night presents the best chance for
additional auroras, if they're going to occur. I had a phone call from a
viewer of our Midday and Nine O'Clock News programs up at Timmins, in
eastern Ontario province, confirming brilliant auroras there last night as
well.