[Rhodes22-list] Football

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 14:14:47 EST 2004

Rummy,

I have never made that claim, nor would I.  In fact I grew up in
Mankato--the Vikings spring training camp--during the good old days of Bud
Grant and Fran Tarkenton.  And Allen Paige, who is now a MN Supreme Court
Justice. How could I not be a Vikings fan?

The only thing I don't like about the Vikes is their owner, Red McCombs, who
is a Texas car salesman, and keeps threatening to move or sell the team if
we taxpayers don't build him a new stadium.  What I DO like about the Pack
is that they're owned cooperatively (I think) by the state.  Is that right?
That makes them a "home team" in the true sense of the word.  And ya gotta
love Lambeau Field.  Too bad it wasn't snowing.  8-)

Any loss to the Pack is a heartbreaker but now we're losing to everybody
without the injured Randy Moss and Jim Kleinsasser.  Still, Wally's right,
it was a great game to see, esp. the 4th quarter.  Even my wife got into it.
She usually says, "You boys enjoy the game, I'll just go back to the kitchen
and menstruate."  lol

Slim