[Rhodes22-list] Football

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 15:46:46 EST 2004

The Packers are actually owned by the city of Green Bay and some
stockholders, which I happen to be one of the lucky dogs. I can't sell the stock  and it
has no value, but I'm an owner. Should the team ever be sold, all the  profits
go the the local Green Bay VFW club. Now that's the best way to own a
football team. No demanding owners to negotiate with. BTW, Green Bay is the
smallest city in the NFL. The last I heard, the waiting list for a season ticket  was
something like 43,000 names long. Less than a thousand are turned in each
year. Season tickets are willed to siblings and some of the longest divorce
settlements have included the rights to Packer season tickets. Even during the
years that the Packers weren't doing very well, you couldn't get a game ticket
unless you knew someone who had one to give away or was selling. With the new
 construction, I believe the stadium now holds around 85,000.

Rummy