[Rhodes22-list] Corpus trip: For Herb Parsons

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Thu Nov 18 12:26:14 EST 2004

Hey Herb
Do you have any information, suggestions for my upcoming trip to Corpus
Christi via the GIWW next week. ETA's to various locations (i.e. Port
Mansfield / midway / entire lenghth 1 way),  Useful GPS fixes, hazards etc?
What charts did you use? I have the NOAA Nav charts here at the lab, and
some other local embayment info....I'm pretty familiar with the route as
far north as the land cut, but beyond? I've been in Baffin Bay a few times
and know there are some reefs, are any close to the channel? Did you stay
at Port Aransas, Aransas Pass or Corpus marina when you made the trip?You
can mail me backchannel  to spare the list the detalia...
I'm leaving Sat. afternoon, and hope to pick up a cold front by Tue for the
return trip south.
Thanks
jw
Jim White