[Rhodes22-list] Bill W attaching Whisker Poles

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Nov 19 08:25:15 EST 2004

Bill:
	Somewhere in the archives and FAQ's is discussion on 'pad eye'
versus sliding rail with adjustable sliding eye.  I followed the directions
at the time and installed a 1" four foot rail to the front of my mast.  It
works well, and probably much better than a fixed pad eye.  The rail is just
like the rails for sheets.
	When Bob Keller gets back from his trip to the coast, maybe he can
offer suggestions.  He is a guru on rigging poles and preventers on a boat
without lifeline bases to attach to.   I have both the spinnaker pole
sliding eye and lifeline bases to use.  I also have a toping lift to carry
the weight of the pole.
	Cat boats are interesting with the mast forward.  Good luck on
selling it.  It would be happier on the coast rather than an inland lake.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA