[Rhodes22-list] Bill W attaching Whisker Poles

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Nov 19 14:06:58 EST 2004

Thanks Bob.  That certainly gives me a lower cost alternative.  Have you
used it in anything other than light air conditions?  Also, do you have the
T-track that Roger is talking about, or do you just use a padeye?

Bill W.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Bob Weber"            |
|         |           <ruba1811 at hotmail.com> |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           11/19/2004 10:41 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Rhodes22-list] Bill W attaching Whisker Poles                                                           |

Bill, This year I purchased one of the smallest whisker poles that sailnet
offered.  It is plenty sufficient plus it is light enough where you won't
need to mess with at topping lift.  The only reason I would go with a
larger
pole was if I planned to run a spinnaker.  If you just want to keep the
Genny full off the wind it is perfect.  Hopefully the link works
http://www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?pid=18433
You will noitice the price jumps up quite a bit as you start to get into
more serious poles.

Bob Weber