[Rhodes22-list] Why Do You Want Seaworthy Drinkholder?.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 17:53:46 EST 2004

jw,
Thank you for your inquiry. I am always looking at the latest and greatest
drink holders that come on the market. West Marine has hired me as a
consultant.  Since I drink only rum and coke, this means I need a drink holder to hold
my  insulated styrofoam cups. I have two swivel mount cup holders mounted to
the  stern rail. For everyone else I use the little doughnut shaped flat drink
holders over the bottom of the cups that use suction to hold them to the hull.
I  forget what their name is, but I'm sure someone can help me out. They work
 extremely well until you get down to the bottom of your drink and there
isn't  enough weight in the glass to keep the suction. (solution is to drink
faster so  as to have some ice for weight in the cup). You can stick these little
suckers  anywhere there is a smooth clean surface and they won't release, even
when  heeling. Don't give up the heeling to save the drink. However, waste
knot, want  knot. Spilling good rum is a no no, but giving up a good heel to save
the rum is  a waste of good wind. Your call.

Rummy