[Rhodes22-list] Why Do You Want An Adjustable Length Whisker Pole & What ...

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Nov 19 17:28:06 EST 2004

Rummy,
How'd you guess I used to be an engineer.  Actually, I am in marketing now
so my mind is really messed up.  My problem is that I also do like fine
wine and can relate to the delema of red vs. white and the many culinary
choices.  In fact, I even go so far as trying to decide how much beer to
keep on board...what kind of beer...maybe just go with rum...or invest my
money in a 12v blender and go for the margaritas?  Talk about complicated
:)

Whether it's spinnaker rigging to satisfy the techno side, or
culinary/comfort options for the "I'm just out for the enjoyment of it all"
side, I am learning that there are just a lot of choices to get bogged down
in.  Yes, I do have a long way to go, but I am looking forward to the trip!

Bill W.

P.S.  I was looking in the FAQ for preferred brands of rum; favorite rum
drinks; etc. and haven't found it yet.  Perhaps back in the archives
somewhere??

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           R22RumRunner at aol.com   |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           11/19/2004 05:03 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Rhodes22-list] Why Do You Want An Adjustable Length Whisker Pole   & What ...                           |

Bill W.,
You must be an engineer type for Duke power to have this much interest in
hardware. You and Roger have a lot in common. There are a number of Rhodies
that
 fly spinnakers and UPS's, but the majority of us are more concerned about
things  like refrigeration and how much food and rum can be stored in the
galley. How  comfortable are the cushions? Is my stereo doing justice to
the Pink
Floyd CD  I'm playing?
Now those are really important subjects and a lot more interesting than
hardware and sails and whisker poles. You really need to pay attention to
the
things that are important to your crew.
Decisions as to the year and vintage of the wine you are serving and
whether
to purchase regular salami or salami with garlic?  Regular chips or  dippin

chips? Hot sauce or mild sauce? Regular baked beans or beans with  weenies?

Cheap paper plates or chinette? All that other stuff doesn't really  matter
if
you haven't taken care of the basic necessities.
I can see that we have a long road ahead of us trying to make you a
certified Rhodie.

Rummy