[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland.

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 09:56:00 EST 2004

Robert,

I agree that they do not have a place in the Laws of a secular
government.  However, don't you agree that the individual voter is
going to vote on a particular candidate based upon these values, both
those of the voter and the candidate?  All of us, whether republican
or democrat, are basing our votes based upon some sort of values that
the candidates have that we agree or disagree with.

The separation of Church and State as written in the constitution was
placed so that the government would not favor or select one church
over another (either actually or through appearance).  It was not
implemented to remove religion from the hearts and minds of the
citizens or their elected leaders.

Hank