[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland and Moses

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Nov 22 11:19:45 EST 2004

ed kroposki wrote:
> Bob:
> You have got to be kidding.  The ten commandments "are based
> on a single scriptural and monotheistic base, have no
> place in the laws of a secular government." (quoting Robert
> Skinner in post below)
> And the guy who got these was not a right wing Christian!
Ed -

I am not kidding.  The biblical "ten commandments" in my
not-so-humble opinion have no place per se in the our halls
of government.

However, those sentiments pertaining to honesty, honor,
cupidity, etc., are in fact multicultural, and a re-expression
of the majority of those injunctions in multicultural form is
entirely appropriate -- highly desirable, in fact, as the
basis of a rational and just society.

We share those ideals with the majority of compassionate
and peaceful belief structures in play throughout the world.

I am neither anti-Christian or anti-anything -- I am pro
freedom, limited only by my impact on other's freedoms.  I
thought that was what we were all about?

/Robert Skinner