[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland and Moses

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 08:42:05 EST 2004

Robert,

I thought the Ten Commandments being in the Alabama
court house was harmless enough but the ACLU won their
case.  When the judge refused to obey the law he was
charged with upholding, he had to go.

The actual commandments were part of the Semitic
tribal law and were codified into ten, one for each
finger.  The Hebrews were held captive as slaves by
both the Babylonians and Egyptians and were influenced
by both the Code of Hammurabi and Egyptian concepts of
morality.  But for the reference to God, the Ten
Commandments seem pretty multi-cultural to me.

Perhaps in a courthouse they may be innapropriate
though since we don't have laws against coveting your
neighbors wife. Thats probably a good thing, I'd never
get out of jail!

Brad