[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland and Moses

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Nov 22 13:05:48 EST 2004

Steve wrote:
> The one thing that I have always known is that there
> can't be a law for everything.  HOwever, if you factor
> in a little morality; there is not a need for a law
> for everything.  If people were a little more moral,
> the world would be much better...
Steve,

I agree that the world would be a better place if
people were raised to be decent to one another.  I
fault parents for the general lack of social training,
in whatever form their culture supports.

In this country, I also see a variety of contributing
factors:

* the relative ease of procreation - perhaps Norplant at
  puberty isn't a bad idea

* the attempts by some to restrict access to birth control
  and other methods of limiting population growth among
  those who neither want nor can afford children

* the ease with which unplanned children are supported by
  state subsidy with no consequences for the parents

* a school system that is ill-formed for its role as
  default parent in loco

* the foolish and fraudulent behavior of evangelical
  preachers and the pederasty of priests, devaluing
  these sources of social education

* and the list goes on...

/Robert Skinner