[Rhodes22-list] Sail Cleaning Question

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Nov 23 12:51:49 EST 2004

All:
	I am looking for 'do it yourself' suggestions on washing and
cleaning sails.  Especially what is 'safe' to use on Dacron to get rid of
mildew.
	I am looking for new input based on recent experience, or old
experience that worked.
	What is the best way to dry the sails.  I am talking about both 175
Genoa and IMF Main that were taken off the boat already with the help of the
famous (infamous) "Rummy".
	My current thought is to reinstall and hoist to dry, but is there an
alternative.  Of course, hoisting sails is not a winter problem in South
Carolina.
	This is a perfect Christmas gift for Julie T--
http://www.overtons.com/
and search out 'Porta-blend' item # 25402.