[Rhodes22-list] I JUST GOT A 1976 RHODES 22

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Nov 23 23:49:08 EST 2004

   Hank,

      I just finished looking at your photos on yahoo.  You    your work cut out for you.  First of all, there is only a se   port and the galley countertop with sink and possibly a stove to st   arboard.

        There are 3 major bulkheads (A, B,& C)   running stringers (1, 2, 3, 4) in the cabin area    your vintage.

   Starting at the bow and heading aft,  the first bulkhead&   the aft wall of the v-berth.

      The next bulkhead is (without measuring) about 24" aft   first bulkhead.  This supports a floor section which is   the main floor level of the cabin.  On this "tier" if you   it that is a 3/4' plywood floor section, on top of which is set    mast compression post.  There should be a wall section filling the   area to the right of the mast compression post. Between this wall and   the v-berth is where the porta-pottie is located.  This second bulkhe   ad is raised on the port end and supports the front end of the port
   side se
        The aft most bulkhead should still be there in    because it is actually back under the floor of the cockpit and is   behind the centerboard line tube.

       On the port side is a stringer like a knee wall that    the settee bench.

     On the starboard side is a stringer that is as  even with th   raised floor section. This supports the bottom (shelf?) of the    galley cabinet.

       There are two stringers that act like floor joists to   flooring of 3/4" plywood.

      I will try to attach a drawing or two.  Review these d   all of the pics on the other Rhodes 22 sites, and hopefully you   get an idea of what the structures and layout should look like.     have also got plenty of pics to share.  Email me directly at
   [1]sprocket80 at mail.com with your mailing a   a traced template of my rudder head.  I did   you pics?!?

   Todd Tavares