[Rhodes22-list] Rick - Link 10 - questions-

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 24 08:18:00 EST 2004

Ed,

Unpigmented epoxy has very poor resistance to UV.  For example, under a
typical summer sun, unthickened WEST system epoxy will be pretty much
rendered structurally unreliable after one season of exposure.  Loading up
the epoxy with white pigment will extend that time out to about 5 seasons.
In addition to the white pigment, the white Marine Tex product also contains
UV stabilizers & will probably last about 10 seasons.  Your hull may be a
different color than mine; but, I've found the white Marine Tex product is
rather poor color match.  Always put a coat of paint over any exterior epoxy
repair.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium