[Rhodes22-list] Stuck CB cap off

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Wed Nov 24 12:21:30 EST 2004

Any avail Rhodies need advice!

  I took my CB cap off with the intention of replacing my pendant and
checking the condition of the gasket.  Despite using a block and tackle
to hoist it out alone which was attached to a crosspiece of wood across
the  pop top, I was unable to hoist it out alone.   It seems to be
stuck on what ever piece of  pendant was  left after I cut away the
line.
  THe previous owners had run the line through  the CB anchor hole and
tied  a few knots. Isnt there supposed to be a SS U shaped shackle
there??
  I will try again using some silicone spray lubricant .   I seems to be
binding by the pivot pin and I think I should be hoisting closer to the
pin than the two blocks which are connected to the board.  Am I correct
in that assumption?
  any advice?
Lou Rosenberg