[Rhodes22-list] gel coat treatment

anima13 anima13 at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 25 17:20:41 EST 2004

Our new (very od and rarely tended) race boat needed pizaaz.
We used rubbing compound (3M) and an orbital polisher for two coats.
Then used 3M cleaner/wax. I was unhappy with the results (not even my
boat, but there I am working like a dog). I went to my boat and got the
Colonite wax for the final coat and John finally agreed that it put the
shine back on. took the two overs with the compound to get 'er up to
that. After all, prep is every thing!
Anne