[Rhodes22-list] My portlight pic descriptions

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Sun Nov 28 13:08:15 EST 2004

  All of these pics taken as I was about to do the 3rd leaky port on my
81 Rhodes22.
   Close Up (CU) of lower right corner with cut made by my dremel
cutting tool .  Did all four corners then used wide chisel or slotted
driver with long handle to take out old frames.  My old ports did not
allow the frames to separate from the acrylic . Obviously you take out
the 8 fasteners w caps over them first.  Used single edge scraper to
get old silcone off, lots of Acetone, Naptha or Adhesive remover.
   Pic w dremel in view when trimming excess of cut made larger with
fine tooth JIG SAW first.  First I placed the frame in window and lined
up the lower edge with my existing edge and only had to enlarge the
opening at top and sides.  5x12 , 2" spigot  Beckson portlights w/o
drain used. After  all trimming and clean up  I dry fit entire unit in
mark the holes for fasteners on both sides.
   The CU of the gel damage on lower ext left side was fixed with
unthickened epoxy first and then the later photo of ext view of
thickened epoxy with foam filler in  space between cabin and exterior.
The last portlight only took 2 days spread out by one week to let epoxy
cure.
  The first portlight on my port side used the manufacturers thru bolt
system with barrel nuts and was a major PITA for one person to
accomplish.
CU of my old keel blister which was broken before I bought the boat and
will be sanded  and painted next spring.
  wide shot of port side of boat on trailer note the wooded home made
fenders made by someone a long while ago..

more of CB trunk and removal pics coming soon !
  thanks Rhodies for all your help
  Happy Thanksgiving to all!
   Lou
  s/v Everyday Miracles