[Rhodes22-list] Help re Dinghy

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:48:38 EST 2004

Doug,
Try this:

http://www.seaeagle.com/motormount/SE6.asp

I purchased one over a year ago for ~$200 and it folds up and stows in its
own bag in the lazarette.  Get the paddles that come apart and they stow
there too.  Honestly, I haven't used it that much, but it rows pretty well
and I did OK rowing against 15 knot winds in Florida last year.  Can inflate
it pretty easily and I have dragged it behind the boat while sailing.  Mine
sprung a leak, but it was easily fixed with the patch kit included.

Since I have never had another kind I can't really recommend this too
strongly, but it is something else to consider.  The kayak might be a better
choice because it is easier to row, but it is also more $.

Bob K
Yankee Clipper