[Rhodes22-list] Boat lift

Vic Huebner atlantic at engineer.com
Fri Oct 1 11:56:06 EDT 2004

I just bought a condo in New Port Richey, FL. It came with a 4-cable lift in it's slip. All the sailboats in the area are in the water while most of the power boats have lifts. The power boat guys tell me that all I have to do is raise the 2 flat boards supporting the previous power boat (on the edge of the 1" boards). But the lift manufacturer says that I need a custom cradle built. Has anyone had experience with a boat lift? I'd really like to use it to keep the critters from sticking to the bottom. Thanks.
Vic Huebner