[Rhodes22-list] Todd's spelling skills

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Oct 5 00:25:11 EDT 2004

Thorsten Veblen on Spelling:

"As felicitous an instance of futile classicism as can well be found is the conventional spelling of the English language. English orthography satisfies all of the requirements of the cannons of reputability under the law of conspicuous waste. It is archaic, cumbrous and ineffective: its acquisition consumes much time and effort; failure to acquire it is easy of detection."

Bill Effros

To download a free copy of the electronic book "Quote Without Comment"

Click on or copy this address and load it into your web browser:
http://www.quotewithoutcomment.com/qwc.cgim?template=FreeBook

Want to see more quotes?
http://www.QuoteWithoutComment.com