[Rhodes22-list] Slim's issues

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 08:02:08 EDT 2004

Slim,
You have to understand where Ed is coming from. In SC, the SAT test scores
are the worst in the nation and have been for ever. 1/2 of all 9th grade
students today, will not graduate from high school. Now, the state is throwing
millions of dollars into constructing new schools and getting rid of the
portable classrooms. They are also at the same time making the requirements  tougher
on the teachers. Property taxes have gone up some since I moved here,  but
they are still ridiculously low compared to taxes in Wisconsin. About 1/5th  of
what I would pay in WS for the same house.
Since all this money has been thrown at education (the past four years)
everybody is expecting the test scores to come up proportionally with the  level
of spending. I'm afraid it's going to take a few generations to do  that.

Rummy