[Rhodes22-list] I Wish To Change My Vote

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 6 13:59:25 EDT 2004

Rummy,

I'm not Roger, but I need to comment on this.

"people die" yes, that is true, BUT, as wars go our death toll in this one
would barely make it eligible to be called a war. At the same time, I would
be willing to bet that the Iraqi death toll is lower since the war started
then it was under Saddam, before the war. In other words, it's safer to be
an Iraqi at war than at peace. I have no more desire to see people killed
in war than anybody else. In these days of an all volunteer military
though, I see no reason why anyone who isn't willing to take the risks
involved would be in the military at all. The world, throughout history has
never been a particularly "nice" or safe place. The sooner we get over the
idea that it ever will be the better off we will all be.

Unless you know of some magic bullet to replace oil as an energy source in
this country, Rogers logic points the way for this country at the minute
and probably into the foreseeable future. Unless one is pretty good at
roughing it (darn tough in the cities), cutting off oil imports would
cripple this country in less than a heartbeat.

Doesn't matter how or why we got there, that's a long time past. The
reasons Roger listed for staying and finishing the job are what are
important now.

Rik