[Rhodes22-list] Slim's new trailer

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 15:48:03 EDT 2004

Jim, Ed, Wally,

Thanks for the invite.  I love it when I can scare up gigs in places I want
to visit and write the trip off.  I had some buddies that played South Padre
and they loved it.  Ed, there's a chain of piano bars called Rum Runners and
one of them is in Wilmington, NC.  I hear they're looking for players.  Hmmm
But this is a busy time of year for me plus Mom's coming up here for
Christmas so I doubt I'll be able to get away.  One of these times, though.

Wally, this probably varies from state to state but in MN, the law requires
any trailer over 3000 lbs to have breaks.  My trailer didn't have breaks
before and I never had much trouble stopping, but then again I never had to
really test it either--having to slam on the breaks to avoid something.  I
doubt I could have stopped very quickly, esp. going down hill.

Slim