[Rhodes22-list] Instructional Videos

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:43:48 EDT 2004

Jeff, thanks for the reminder.  I used one of the first generation
simulators.  It was crude and probably why I did not think of it again.  But
todays simulators are much more advanced as far as graphics and feel.  I
could have used that this weekend.  I had four students in a "Travellers"
class where I condence the workload into an intense weekend of talking
sailing and hitting the water whenever the weather allows.  The weather
never allowed.  I had the same weather as Rummy on Saturday.  We got up
early and took to the water to get sailing before I got too bad.  We started
out in 15 kts and it grew quickly untill we were in 20 gust to 28.  It was
like teaching someone to drive a car with the accelerator glued to the
floor.  We got a small window of reasonable sailing Saturday evening.
Sunday was the inverse, the dreaded no wind, no feel, or resopnse to inputs.
  We got 4 hours of sailiing but spent another 4 hours drifting waiting for
a breeze.  I might look into a simulator for just that reason.  Thanks.  Bob