[Rhodes22-list] Winterizing

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Oct 20 15:28:47 EDT 2004

PT, et al,

Yeah, I think that's it.  Someone just reminded me--it's called fogging oil.
You spry it right into the throat of the carburetor as it's running out of
gas.  It gets the carb, goes through the crankcase and covers a lot more
than just the tops of the cylinders.  Anti-moisture, anti-rust, lube, etc.

I was also advised to give the motor a few hand cranks (not starting) to
clear the water from the water pump, which will freeze and possibly cause a
problem.  Or I could just move south.  8-)

Last, I changed the oil in the lower unit, but when I drained out the old
oil, it was sort of creamy white.  This indicates water in the oil/bad seal
somewhere?  Possibly the prop seal?

Slim