[Rhodes22-list] Politics - more fuel for the fire

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Fri Oct 22 10:06:47 EDT 2004

Yeah Stan
They're getting out the vote down here on the border too. This area is 100%
democrat (they never even run a republican for office...hasn't been one
elected since about 1880 I think....). In this single party area, where the
politicians really care about the poor, things haven't changed in close to
125 years either, through one national party change after another. The poor
are still poor, and in record numbers, Johnny still can't speak English,
and the politicos keep getting richer and fatter. And they're registering
lots of people who seldom or never vote too. Gettin 'em out for this
critical national erection. Picking them up and taking them to the poles
too....people who've never even heard (or probably care) about Bushes or
Kerrys fundementals/stances/solutions/ideas.
Ain't politics grand?
jw