[Rhodes22-list] Bill the Tennessee Traveling Rhodie

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Oct 22 13:11:17 EDT 2004

Ed,
Great pictures!  Now why didn't I think of that?  I actually visited Port
St. Joe and St. Josheph's Penninsula a couple of years ago and remember how
uncrowded it was.  I remember seeing few if any boats and a lot of
undeveloped areas.

I think it would be great to get a thread going with everyone telling about
their favorite destinations.  It would help everyone get through the winter
and plan for next year's adventures.

Bill Wickman

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "ed kroposki"          |
|         |           <ekroposki at charter.net>|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           10/20/2004 11:54 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'The Rhodes 22 mail list'" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Rhodes22-list] Bill the Tennessee Traveling Rhodie                                                      |

Bill:

             A much closer and appropriate sailing place would be the Gulf
Coast.
Apalachicola Bay is too shallow for full keelboats, but ok for R22's and is
big.  The same is true for St. Joseph's Bay.
             This past spring I went down without my boat to check the
place out.
It was about a ten-hour drive from Greenville, SC.  There is no direct
interstate from here.
             The City of Apalachicola has a municipal marina that would be
good
for launching.  It is almost under the Hwy 98 Bridge.  There are a couple
of
regular motels about a mile away.  On the ICW, there are a couple of
marinas, but no ramps.
             In Port St. Joe, there is a big new marina with facilities and
launching.  Carrabelle has several marinas and caters to the Tallahassee
sailboat yacht crowd.

See attachments:

Ed K

Name: Hwy 98 Bridge.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 694950 bytes Desc: not
available

Name: ICW Waterfront1.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 540006 bytes Desc: not
available

Name: ICW Waterfront2.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 683136 bytes Desc: not
available

Name: St. Georges Island.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 542494 bytes Desc: not
available