[Rhodes22-list] A new use for Le Menagerie

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Fri Oct 22 07:19:56 EDT 2004

Jim,
       Being a Biology Geek I found the use most interesting.  When I was
working and going to school in  Germany my Prof offered me some credit hours
if I would use my small boat in the Med to collect as many invertebrates as
I could.  Well supplied with preservatives I collected quite a number,
Unfortunately they were in a metal container and got lost on the train from
Italy for a week or so in August.  When customs finally opened it, it
cleared the room as most of the glass containers were broken the
preservative leaked out.  Nothing worse than a collection of ripe
cephalopods and sponges.

Chris G