[Rhodes22-list]David and Rose

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Oct 24 21:32:19 EDT 2004

David:
You were very specific as to where you will be, but failed to tell us where
you be from.  Part of the quiet is due to the small number of R 22's on the
west coast.
I do not know when you jumped on the list, but the list has archives with an
extensive amount of posts.  Just earlier today, I had a discussion with
another trying to make find a nearby Rhodie
(http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2004-October/018634.html).

The problem of locating an existing Rhodes 22 around the country is that not
all Rhodes 22 owners participate on the internet list.  You have found a
place where over 150 owners congregate, but we are just the yacky ones.

Rose:
Yes, there are lady R22 owners on this list.  They can be quite assertive,
and I am sure will get to answer your questions.  One of them is a very
famous author.  She wrote about her sailing experiences and sailing a R22 in
particular.  She wrote a chapter of the book, 'Sailing Small'.  This book is
available, but here is the publisher's web site:
http://www.devereuxbooks.com/html/boats.html
Another probably has not responded because she spend most of her time racing
sailboats, imagine that!
BTW, have you told us where you are?  You location may entice further

In the meantime, listen to the music at this site:
http://users2.ev1.net/~barr/
We have a professional musician on the list, but he charges to even hear a
sample of his skills.  If he could record a sailing specific tune and send
it to Michael or Will, maybe we could have sailing music on our home page
too.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA