[Rhodes22-list] politics- why should small business owners vote for Kerry ?

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 25 12:19:06 EDT 2004

Stan,  You are a smart guy & a business owner. I have my arguments about
voting for Kerry because of the last 4 years of lost jobs, denying overtime
to workers, the failure of tax cuts to spur the economy, record budget
deficits, record trade deficits but....
but when I am making a pitch to my friend whose husband is a small business
owner, I want the best pitch I can make for Kerry.
Will you give me a succinct argument for a business owner friend who may be
persuadable?

Also, while Bush and friends may think there is a chance of NJ going in
their direction it won't be so. So not living in a battleground state I have
been doing what  I can to help in other states by supporting America Coming
Together for Victory.  They still need help if anyone is feeling the
desperate need to do more.

It doesn't give me much comfort that I protested the war in Iraq before it
ever got started, and it won't give me much comfort to say I tried to elect
Kerry, but for now that is all I've got to hang on to.

In disbelief that so many Americans don't see the writing on the wall  this
is from Phyllis in NJ
(who has had 5 sails aboard Whisper since Sept. 15....a learning process-
more on that another time).